If you popped over last Wednesday, you'll have seen the progress I was making on my first ever headband. A few hours later though, I decided that it was too fat for my little head and frogged it.
On Friday night, while waiting for The Kennedy's to start, I decided to make my own hairband pattern. And here, just for you, is my second ever pattern!
Little Miss Hair Band
|Click for bigger picture!|
You Will Need:
Small skein of DK Yarn
Size 4mm Knitting Needles
Instructions for Hair Band:
- Cast on 7 stitches
- Moss Stitch (K1,P1) until work measures 50cm, or desired length
- Cast Off
- Sew ends together using Whip Stitch
- Weave in left over ends
For the Bow:
- Cast on 11 stitches
- Moss Stitch (K1, P1) until work measures 5 1/2 - 6 centimetres.
- Cast off, leaving a long end (about 10cm)
- Weave in ends
- Fold work in half
- Sew up all sides with matching yarn using Whip Stitch, so you are left with a long rectangle
- Take your darning needle and matching yarn, and run the yarn through the centre of the rectangle from side to side.
- Gather up the knitting to form the bow. (You may need to run the yarn back and forth several times to get a good shape)
- Sew onto your hair band.
- Pop it on and strut your stuff!
So there you have it! The pattern can be found here on Ravelry, if you want to add it to your queue etc! I am trying to uploading a PDF as we speak so you can easily download and print it off!
Check out more 'H is for...' posts by clicking the links below! =)